Collection of Personal DataWhen inquiring about use of or subscribing to or otherwise using the Site, you may provide certain personally identifiable information necessary for use of the Site and for communicating with you. The data collected includes information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, and information related to your use or potential use of Site (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information that we collect may include without limitation name, email address, organization, job title, and phone number. Personal Information includes information that you provide to us when you register for information or email at the Site, such as your name and business email, along with any other information you provide at the time. Personal Information also includes information which you provide about yourself in your profile, which may include your job title, your employer, your physical location, your telephone number, a website with which you are associated, and any other information that you provide in your description of yourself. In addition, Devada uses a data enrichment service named Clearbit to augment your personal information. When you create a new account, we use Clearbit’s API to enrich the profile data associated with your email address. This may include your company information, job title, and links to your social profiles. We use this data to better understand the attributes of users of our content. You can see, edit, and delete what personal information Clearbit stores about you on their website: https://claim.clearbit.com/claim. We also work with additional third parties (including, for example, technical contractors, data analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them and from publicly available sources. We will maintain your personal data so long as your account is active.
- provide the Site and associated content and services,
- support and maintain the Site,
- improve and update the Site,
- communicate information to you that you have requested,
- for our marketing, research and development purposes, and
- when we have your permission to do so; or
- to companies who work for Devada to provide one or more parts of the Site or that provide related administrative functions (such as support sites and analytics). These third parties may have access to your personal information; if they do, this access is only so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf and they are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose; or
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) comply with a legal process or law, or to respond to a subpoena, court order, or government request for information, (2) enforce Terms of Service and/or other agreements between you and Devada, (3) respond to claims that any content on the Site violates the rights of third parties, or that otherwise arise from your use of the Site, or (4) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Devada, its users, or the public.
- when required or permitted to do so by law for public safety. Disclosures may be made to protect you from a serious threat to your health or safety or to protect the health or safety of another person.
Your RightsYou have the right to view and edit, update or delete your personal information by contacting us at the email address below. You may contact us with any questions. You can ask us for a copy of your personal data at the email address noted below and it will be delivered to you in machine readable form.
Opt-OutYou may opt-out of receiving certain marketing communications from us, by emailing us at email@example.com. In addition, all marketing e-mails from Devada will provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe from future marketing mailings. Even if you opt-out of such mailings, however, we reserve the right to send you e-mail and other communications to disclose maintenance and other Site-related issues.
Legal RequirementsWe intend to protect your privacy to the fullest extent possible as described in this policy while also fulfilling our responsibility to uphold all applicable laws and regulations. Due to potential legal requirements and other possible circumstances, we cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed or accessed in ways not otherwise described in this policy. We may be compelled under law to disclose information to government or third parties under certain circumstances or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Further, we can, and you hereby authorize us to, disclose any information to law enforcement or other government officials that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in compliance with the law and/or government requests.
Security MeasuresWe have implemented reasonable and industry-standard security measures on the Site to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. Additionally, we take reasonable steps to ensure that our third-party business partners, including our hosting partners, provide sufficient protection for personal information. We will take reasonable efforts to maintain Personal Information in the area (e.g., country or continent) as specified by our Customer. We will promptly make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data. You acknowledge that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and that we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you may contact us.
Privacy of ChildrenChildren under age 16 are not permitted to use the Site. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information on the Site from children under 16. If we become aware that a user of the Site is under the age of 16 and has provided us with Personal Information, we may delete such information from our files.
Merger, Sale or BankruptcyIn the event that all or part of Devada is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, Devada may transfer or assign the personally identifiable information held by Devada as part of such merger, acquisition, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of Devada’s bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, Devada may not be able to control how personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS:Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have:
- The right to request information from us about the categories of personal information we have collected from you and the specified pieces of personal information we have collected.
- The right to request information from us information about (1) the categories of sources from which we collect personal information, (2) the business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information; and (3) the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The right to ask us to delete portions of your Personal Information.
- The right to ask us about the categories of your personal data that we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom it was sold.
- The right to ask us about the categories of your personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose.