The right online community platform can provide multiple benefits to different audiences within the same organization.
Online community platforms are great for facilitating collaboration and ideation which leads to innovation. Some do this within a closed community for geographically dispersed employees while opening up another community to customers, prospects, partners, and vendors.
AnswerHub ideation combines product planning, workflow, and gamification to engage employees or customers to share their thoughts and suggestions, as well as provide their thoughts and comments on those made by others.
You never know who will have the next “big idea” or where it will come from.
Your online community platform is the ideal solution for the ideation process:
- It collects and records all knowledge, ideas, documents, questions, answers, votes, discussion and comments
- It promotes:
- Open ideation whereby any idea can be submitted at anytime
- Campaigns or focused topics with definitive timelines
- Process-driven ideation with the product or service development lifecycle
- It delivers measurable results for organizations, employees and customers
Online community platforms can be customized to include:
- Internal stakeholders (marketing, sales, support, devs, engineering, etc.)
- Online customer communities
- Consumer social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- Partners and vendors
There are tremendous benefits to hosting a public or private ideation platform:
- Discover new solutions for customers
- Identify new customer needs/wants
- Share, and get feedback on, ideas generated elsewhere
- Generate enthusiasm, buy-in, support for and ownership of new ideas.
- Enhance networking among employees
- Establish a decentralized idea community
- Improve employee engagement
- Greater involvement and alignment with the vision, mission, and values of the organization
- Recognize those making positive contributions to the ideation process
- Eliminate low-value ideas